Fixes to common problems
Something went wrong; what are my first steps?¶
In MATLAB, try running:
These two functions will remove old compiled C++ binaries and check to make sure that xolotl can find the C++ files that define compartments and conductances and so on.
On macOS, I get an annoying warning saying "xcrun: error: SDK "macosx10.13.4" cannot be located"¶
Run the following in your shell (not the MATLAB prompt):
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app
On macOS, I get a warning saying that "Warning: Xcode is installed, but its license has not been accepted."¶
- First, make sure you have XCode installed (not just the Command Line Tools -- the whole thing).
- You can get this from the Mac App Store.
- Then, open XCode and accept the license.
- You will have to do this only once.
On macOS, I get a warning or an error that says "xcrun: error: SDK "macosx10.14.6" cannot be located"¶
You're getting this error because you haven't set up your compiler. Run this:
mex -v -setup
I ran the quickstart, but I don't see anything¶
Are you using a tiny screen? Some UI elements may go out of the frame on very small screens. To fix this, acquire the handle to the figure and change the position property. For example:
x.manipulate; manip = gcf; manip.Position = [0 0 300 100];
I get an error saying I don't have a compiler¶
I created a new component, but
cpplab can't find it¶
This typically appears as a
cpplab::resolvePath error. Here are some things to check:
- Are you sure that your named it
- Does it exist somewhere on your MATLAB path, or in a subfolder?
- Did you try running
- Did you try
x = xolotl; x.rebase?
- If you still run into errors, file an issue at cpplab